Monday, May 19, 2008

Seattle with Steve

Boxer Chick Lino Cut, in progress.
To be used for the Mimbres Region Arts Council printmaking project.
By MF Dondelinger with assistance from Bailey Koonce, 2008

While the studio is filled with icons in preparation for the November show at J. Crist Gallery, I am also preparing for a two month residency of sorts with Steve Macfarlane, a wonderful printmaker in Seattle. We'll be working on transforming the Boxer Chicks into prints. In preparation for that, I and my studio assistant, Bailey, are carving the linoleum blocks that will be used in the printmaking process.

Before I leave for the residency, we will be producing a print for the Mimbres Region Arts Council "Book" that will be used as a fundraiser. As that printmaking project comes together I'll post the details.

No comments: